ISEB / T-SQL / C# / TDD / BDD / SOAP UI / Selenium
TEST ENGINEER - Southampton, Hampshire
Salary: £32,000 pa
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Due to sustained and organic growth, my client, a market leading fin-tech company situated on the South Coast are expanding their testing team and as such are looking for a Test Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
A software Test Engineer is required to work closely with fellow testers, developers, product managers and project managers within the retail development team. Products to be tested will include Point of Sale, Back Office and Head Office software.
Particular duties will include:
- Develop test plans and scripts from business/technical requirements and specifications.
- Perform exploratory testing on early-stage code
- Perform a wide range of test activities such as functional/non-functional, regression and performance testing.
- Advise the team about overall risks and trends
- Facilitate communication between the technical & business Stakeholders
- Three years plus experience in a Software Testing role within in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the role a tester plays in the full systems development life cycle
- Ability to write T-SQL and interrogate a database using Microsoft Client tools.
- Ability to identify and document defects
- Ability to carry out test planning and procedures
- Experience working on Scrum teams in sprints.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide audience of technical, non-technical and stakeholders, on all levels
- Understanding of how to construct and document test cases.
- Knowledge of automated test scripts and interpreting results
- Clear and concise documentation skills
Agile Systems Development Life Cycle Knowledge:
- ISEB testing qualifications a plus
- Experience working on Scrum teams.
- Understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle (iterative and incremental).
- Familiarity with functional and non-functional software requirements
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming in C#
- Test Methodologies: Experience of Test-driven development (TDD) and Behaviour-driven development (BDD)
- SoapUI, Selenium and FlaUI
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please call Athena Antoniou in confidence on 01372 748 444 / firstname.lastname@example.org