Technical Support Analyst
First and second line technical support to internal staff and deal with any escalated support calls from within the Service Desk.
The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role. Coverage includes the HQ site in London as well as remote users at other offices and home workers.
* A+ Certification hardware and software support skills or equivalent.
* HND in IT Technology or Computer Science.
* ITIL procedures and LAN and WAN principles.
* Proven substantial computing experience in a technical environment of delivering effective support for current Microsoft Windows and Office products; network administration of user accounts using Active Directory and Exchange mail server; hardware and software installation and trouble-shooting; use of remote desktop support tools.
* Substantial experience of tracking work and meeting deadlines, including the use of helpdesk systems
* Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
* Incident Management experience - Managing incidents including business expectations and communication and dealing with escalations
* Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
* Excellent organisational skills
* You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
* Capacity to learn and apply knowledge and concepts to support and develop the charity's Service Desk offering
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10 and Office 365. Experience of supporting Skype For Business/MS Teams, AV systems.
* Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
* Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email
* Maintaining an Asset Database and tracking changes
* 1st and 2nd line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from inhouse software to hardware, such as Blackberry, Laptops, PCs and Printers
* Resolve escalated support calls from within Service Desk
* Troubleshoot basic network issues such as ADSL broadband issues
* Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure support team
* Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system (JIRA)
* Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
* To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
* Provide basic in-house training in MS Office applications used within the charity (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
* Active Directory administration - Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
* Basic Exchange Server administration - creating mailboxes, distribution groups etc
* MDM account management and provision
* To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house