Team Lead/Delivery Lead- software development
Employees can work remotely
The opportunity to build a career within a start-up like environment - from distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey, in real-time, to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
- Line manages one or more teams of Backend & Web Engineers. Collaborate with other engineering teams and product managers to help define the technical vision.
- Contribute to product strategy, set project goals, and continue to support and develop your team.
- Grow a diverse, highly skilled group of engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace.
- Create a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders.
- Drive hiring process, from scouting potential candidates to interviewing and helping close new hires.
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand while keeping an eye on cost efficiency
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and debug/tune/code/fix alongside your team (Drive and teach technical incident response).
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including product, design, operations.
- Proven leadership skills as a line manager to a team. To set goals and objectives and offer advice
- Experience as a software engineer building user-focused products at pace.
- Collaborative and supportive style, to encourage the team to continually optimise their code. Conduct and participate in technical design reviews.
- A natural recruiter, passionate about building a team. Passionate about collaborative problem solving.
- Experienced in architecting and implementing of end-to-end software services using cutting edge technologies.
- Expertise in microservices architecture, edge-computing, continuous Integration, continuous deployment, and delivery with versioning control tools.
- Past experience with deployments on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes). Nice to have AWS Cloud certification.
- Ability to communicate equally effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Solid grasp of modern software development lifecycle.
If the role is of interest an you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the roile in more detail.