Systems Maintenance Analyst
The Systems Maintenance Analyst plays a critical role in the mission of the Operations Center. The core purpose of the role is to ensure that our applications, platforms, and infrastructure are effectively monitored for availability, performance, and functionality, and that alerts driven by our monitoring systems are accurate and actionable. To succeed in this role the post-holder needs to be creative clever, passionate and love building new solutions.
- Familiarity with operating system administration and tools including: Microsoft, Mac OS X, Linux, Python, Powershell, etc
- Familiarity with scripting (*nix Shell, PowerShell, Python, PHP, etc) to develop automation and reporting
- Exposure to monitoring large cloud server infrastructure on AWS and/or Azure
- Communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Resolve Support Tickets
- Serves as primary escalation point for the Application communities and Sourcing Provider(s) for operational issues
- Responsible for keeping the services running 24/7 and putting processes in place to meet or exceed service SLAs
- Monitor infrastructure operational alerts e.g. environmental, server performance and devices, escalate as necessary within the ITIL framework
- Ensure compliance with incident, problem, and change management procedures and standards to ITIL standards by all Sourcing Provider(s)
- Utilizing an ITIL based approach for service management, produce management reports and statistics (weekly/monthly/quarterly), evaluating and making suggestions for improvements in the infrastructure including operational reports such as performance, capacity, break/fix, etc
If the role sounds of interest please snd me your CV and I will call you to discuss in more detail.