* You translate consumer insights and business propositions into technical system requirements and robust architectures, in close cooperation with the Marketing and Design functions.
* You define and maintain the system architecture to enable derived propositions, and you ensure the realization of the architecture in modular, easy-to-maintain, reusable and extendible subsystems. You, integrally, manage the system cost and maximize the value for the business. Due to the involvement of many disciplines it is imperative that you ensure strong Architecture Governance, by institutionalizing standards and rigorously managing interfaces between subsystems. In order to realize this you work in close co-operation with functional Architects and Developers (SW, Electronics, Hardware, …) in different locations.
* Furthermore, you help to define and deploy digital roadmaps and digital product platforms with our business stakeholders, and drive mid-term innovations within our application area; based on these roadmaps you advise on internal or external development.
* You help to continuously improve our processes, covering both architectural-thinking and pre-development. You are a functional coach for development team members to contribute optimally to the architecture process.
* You are part of our software development team, but interact frequently with stakeholders in Design, Marketing, R&D.
* You will report to the R&D Director Software
* Your daily workplace will be in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium. There will be occasional visits to other locations of the Group and to partners in the east.
* You are a senior professional with at least 10 years work experience system architecture.
* You have a Master degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
* Excellent knowledge in the System Architecture domain and related business processes through many years of experience in HW-SW co-design and system architecture
* You have strong development experience in electronics, firmware/software, smart-device software and IT backend systems. You have strong knowledge of multi-node, connected architectures, with intelligence hosted in embedded devices unto applications running on smart devices and in the cloud.
* You have the ability to create clear structures to master the complexity typically related to Software, to handle simultaneous requests and drive reuse by organizing for platforms.
* Experience in home and building automation is a clear asset.
* You like to work with external partners and like to drive people from different cultures to excellent results.
* The expectations of our end customers are always in mind and are never compromised. You continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
* In your prior work, you have built up a track record on influencing business decisions and directions, based on your technological insights, your external view and your strong personality.
* You understand client requirements & design.
* You are a performance driven person. You are an excellent communicator with good presentation skills.
* You are fluent in Dutch and English.
* In your prior work, you have built a track record of influencing business decisions based on your technological insights, your external view and your strong personality
* You enjoy working in cross-functional teams, you are curious, open and enjoy working in an international environment
* You are the team player we can build on to guide our business successfully through its change journey.