Our client is continually enhancing its systems using Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SSIS and Tableau. They are seeking to recruit a SQL Server Data Warehouse Developer to strengthen the IT Software Development team's capability in this area and help us develop, visualise and later make the transition to Cloud.
Experience & Skills Required
At least 5 years in-depth experience as a SQL Server Data Warehouse Developer using the following technologies:
Essential Technical Skills
- ETL - Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL scripting (e.g. advanced stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, error handling, optimisation, hints, application and maintenance of indices).
- Query Performance Optimisation
- A thorough understanding of logical and physical database design processes
- Tangible experience of working with large data sets in a data warehouse environment.
Demonstrable skills in any of the following areas would be advantageous (and a willingness to learn if there are gaps).
- Exposure to Cloud Data Warehousing concepts and techniques
- Use of Tableau as a reporting Tool
- Use of Mulesoft (or similar) as an integration platform
- Ability to develop using other general-purpose programming languages (i.e. Python)