SQL Server Data Warehouse Developer
Our client is continually enhancing its systems using Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SSIS and Tableau. We are seeking to recruit a SQL Server Data Warehouse Developer to strengthen the IT Software Development team's capability in this area and help us make the transition to Cloud.
Experience & Skills Required
At least 5 years in-depth experience as a SQL Server Data Warehouse Developer using the following technologies:
Essential Technical Skills
- ETL - Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL scripting (e.g. advanced stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, error handling, optimisation, hints, application and maintenance of indices).
- Query Performance Optimisation
- A thorough understanding of logical and physical database design processes
- Tangible experience of working with large data sets in a data warehouse environment.
Demonstrable Skills in any of the following three areas:
Ability to demonstrate proof of concepts (POCs) in either Azure or AWS platforms.
Actively looks to stay up to date with cloud business intelligence concepts (Azure or AWS).
- Use of Tableau as a reporting Tool
- Oracle Development
PL\SQL scripting (e.g. advanced stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, error handling, optimisation, hints, application and maintenance of indices).
SQL and SQL*Plus
SQL Developer / TOAD
A thorough understanding of logical and physical database design processes
- Take ownership of an operational SQLServer SSIS database services within a Data Warehouse.
- Undertake programming tasks of analysis, specification, design and implementation of reporting solutions on large datasets in a SQLServer environment, with a strong focus on reporting performance and database tuning
- Help us undertake 'proof of concepts' so that we can determine strategy and plan to enable migration to Cloud.
- Note a decision on Cloud platform has not yet been made.
- Respond to data load and database related alerts and escalations, and work on strategic solutions to recurring data problems.
- Work alongside helpdesk staff in order to provide technical expertise where required. Helping to resolve operational and technical support requests and incidents.
- Provide helper tools and scripts to help automate complex processes.
- Provide succinct updates on progress to the management team
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of database technology.
- Create and maintain documentation for new and existing systems or products.