SQL Developer / Database Administrator - London
Be responsible for the implementation, availability, performance and security of all company database platforms. Be the authoritative centre of knowledge for all aspects of database operations. Take ownership of the implementation of new database-backed systems, liaising with suppliers as required.
- Good understanding of T-SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, script creation in PowerShell and understanding/appreciation of web technology.
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools and techniques, such as Microsoft Power BI.
- Substantial experience, including specific detailed experience of database implementation, maintenance, performance tuning techniques and the provision of databases in a high availability environment.
- Technical experience to include relevant experience of the following: Microsoft SQL Server database administration including backups, capacity, availability and performance management;
- Knowledge of resilient database implementations (clusters, mirrors, replicas).
- Appropriate technology qualifications (e.g., MCDBA, MCSE). ITIL
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Azure
- Knowledge of SQL Data Warehouse and other data platforms
- Knowledge of Infor SunSystems
- Experience of structured analysis, development, and testing.
- Ensure availability and usability of database systems and services to agreed SLAs
- Updates database system infrastructure to support business development and change
- Technical advice provided during the selection process of new database platforms
- Ensure smooth rollout of new database platforms, with minimal disruption to Christian Aid users
- Enhanced security of database systems to protect business information
- Documented policies and procedures communicating database system configurations and agreed best practice
- Effective 2nd line generic support and 3rd line specialist support
- Effective working with internal and external stakeholders on database system projects