SQL Database Administrator - London
Be responsible for the implementation, availability, performance and security of all company database platforms. Take ownership of the implementation of new database-backed systems, liaising with suppliers as required.
Great opportunity to gain experience of working in the Cloud (Azure)
- Good understanding of T-SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, script creation in PowerShell and understanding/appreciation of web technology.
- Substantial experience, including specific detailed experience of database implementation, maintenance, performance tuning techniques and the provision of databases in a high availability environment.
- Technical experience to include relevant experience of the following: Microsoft SQL Server database administration including backups, capacity, availability and performance management;
- Knowledge of resilient database implementations (clusters, mirrors, replicas).
- Appropriate technology qualifications (e.g., MCDBA, MCSE). ITIL
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools and techniques, such as Microsoft Power BI.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Azure
- Knowledge of SQL Data Warehouse and other data platforms
- Knowledge of Infor SunSystems
- Experience of structured analysis, development, and testing.
- Ensure availability and usability of database systems and services to agreed SLAs
- Updates database system infrastructure to support business development and change
- Technical advice provided during the selection process of new database platforms
- Ensure smooth rollout of new database platforms, with minimal disruption to users
- Enhanced security of database systems to protect business information