Software Development Manager South Oxford with some remote working
You will be empowered to develop a pragmatic roadmap that delivers the right return on investment and manage the team dynamically to develop and implement best-of-breed systems through Agile development. This role is transformative and involves focus on results, strong domain knowledge of the industry, managing relationships across the organization and motivating and building a new culture that focuses customer success.
- Good knowledge of the Application Development and Maintenance space (with a background in Software Development)
- Experienced in Agile delivery
- Experience of managing both on and off-shore teams
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Proven global program and project management ability, ideally with a formal recognized program and project management certification
- Strong communication and influencing skills; experienced at creating relationships at executive level across the business
- Strong customer facing skills, with a focus on customer success
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong leadership, team-building and motivational skills
- Committed to adding value to the business through solving business problems
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and nurture a culture that is focused on business agility and customer success
- Manage a team of 25-28 with 4 direct Technical Lead reports the team is 50% based on and 50% off-shore
- Understand the changing needs of the business and define a practical delivery roadmap
- Collaborate with the architecture team on the overall technology roadmap
- Manage the program delivery team
- Take a user experience centric approach for solution delivery
- Develop a partnering strategy, and lead negotiations with strategic partners
- Maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholder groups
- Provide leadership, communication and regular interaction to drive Customer Satisfaction for technology delivery
- Ensure timely local communication to employees about new services/changes via the appropriate Business Partner
- Business advocate to drive stabilization and continuous improvement
- Ownership of the end to end delivery life cycle and implementation of developments
- Drive standard delivery guidelines for the IT suppliers.
- Manage suppliers and internal development teams, developing, retaining and deploying the right resources as appropriate Conduct quarterly performance reviews of each of the businesses to provide transparent progress updates
- Develop a structured build and support model that continuously improves the quality and efficiency
- Interface with the larger group support on group wide platform roadmap
- Inspire the team, to build a culture of agile delivery and continuous innovation, with high quality outputs
- Build credibility around proven delivery of the roadmap
Benefoits: 10% perfomance related bonus, 25 days holiday per annum, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
If the role sounds of interest and you feel you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.