.NET 2005/2008/2012+ /Best practice and design patterns including TOGAF / SQL Server 2005/2012/2016 / T-SQL stored procedures / ASP.Net and MVC 3.0/4.0 / ADO.Net
XML and Web Services /Solid database design experience/data modelling, for SQL Server.
My client, the market leader within the premium insurance finance sector requires a Senior Developer/Technical Architect who is experienced in leading small development teams to deliver projects to time and budget and developing n-tier component based designs using OO development methodologies. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of delivering robust, high availability transactional web applications to time and budget. He or she will be enthusiastic and pro-active, with the drive and commitment to work effectively in a challenging environment.
The candidate will have 10 years' development experience, at least half of this working in .NET and web services environment, as well as having extensive experience covering all aspects of the development life cycle; preferably gained in the financial sector. The candidate will have had experience of mentoring and developing more junior staff and have a minimum of 3 years-experience at a Senior Developer, Team Leader or Project Leader level.
This candidate will work as a part of the Digital Leadership team to bring a holistic view of designs across the Digital applications and set clear direction on development best practices across each of the development teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsibility for the architectural integrity, capability and performance of the systems aligned to them. This will include:
Application security model
Performance and scalability
Integration with core/database applications, data warehouse and (where relevant) existing legacy systems.
User interfaces and usability standards
Working closely with business analysts, technical colleagues and senior users to en-sure that technical designs are forward thinking, cost-effective and are aligned with business needs.
Documenting/communicating technical designs to both technical and non- technical audiences and supervising their subsequent development and maintenance.
Performing a Solution Architect role working closely with Business Analyst in circum-stances where business and technical models are heavily interdependent.
2. To lead the team responsible for developing, enhancing and supporting systems. This will include:
Analysing, understanding and documenting Solution and Technical requirements
Creating, Amending and continuous improvements to the Digital Development Guide-lines making sure each of the teams are following this model
Writing, reviewing and unit testing code, particularly that with complex functionality
Managing the interface to ST, SIT and UAT
Co-ordinating the release of software into the Production Environment
Liaise with other architects and senior developers in order to provide solutions that meet both business requirements and long term technical strategy.
Development tools and practices, taking into account new technologies, tools and working practices/methodologies
Run the Governance model to validate all QA procedures are properly followed.
3. To be an acknowledged expert on Digital Systems
4. To lead team members to investigate, document and resolve production problems in an accu-rate and timely manner, in liaison with business units and IT colleagues.
5. To apply the Agile development lifecycle and, working with other Technology and Project Managers to devise accurate project, test, implementation and support plans, ensuring that work is undertaken in a controlled and structured manner.
6. To provide team governance to ensure that all change (processing or data) to Production Environments is effectively controlled and that team activity is in compliance with standards and procedures.
7. To exercise all reasonable care in ensuring the security and integrity of my computer sys-tems, data and application software.
8. To provide out-of-hours cover as requested in support of the above.
9. To assist other members of the team as appropriate, including authorship of development plans, formal mentoring and on-the-job training where necessary.
10. To undertake any other tasks as agreed with the Digital Platform Leader.
11. To undergo training as appropriate in support of the above.
12. To nurture effective relationships with business users, testers and operational support areas to understand requirements, resolve problems/issues, suggest solutions and identify areas for service improvement.
13. To provide support for regression, acceptance, implementation, recovery and contingency testing.
14. To lead the secure integration of applications with client, supplier and software house systems, working where necessary with technical teams at client, vendor or software house sites.
Reporting to Digital Platform Leader
No direct reports but expected to use experience and leadership skills to mentor and guide developers within the scrum teams.
10 years solid development experience on transactional and front- end applications, preferably gained in a financial services environment.
A proven track record of delivering and supporting mission critical applications and their integration with core transactional platforms and databases.
Minimum 5 years' experience of object oriented applications development in a .NET and web services environment,
For more information on this very exciting opportunity, please contact Lee Barham on 01372 748 444 / firstname.lastname@example.org