SERVICE DESK TECHNICAL LEAD
DEPARTMENT: Service Desk
REPORTING TO: Service Desk Manager
SALARY: £28,000 - £30,000 PA (dependant on experience level)
START DATE: ASAP
- 2-3 years IT experience required
- Experience supporting IT systems to a high level preferred but not required in retail or fuel POS/BOS/EFT systems.
- Windows 7/10 Support
- Any knowledge of embedded Windows 7 or IOT Windows 10 would be beneficial
- Windows Active Directory/domain experience
- Experience installing Windows updates (Windows 7/10)
- Experience setting up and or using Centralised Antivirus Software.
- Task automation and simplification using scripting such as PowerShell.
- A good understanding of networking: equipment, protocols and concepts (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, Firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Knowledge of basic Sql scripting would be beneficial
- Solid troubleshooting skills.
- Awareness of Security, development and IT services best practices (PCI:DSS, ITIL) Helpdesk Hours of Cover are 24 hours with manned office, you will be expected to ensure you are able to support these hours on a rota'd basis.
Role Overview and Responsibilities:
This is a SenIor Technical role within the Service Teams, and you will be expected to provide the following:
- Providing expert knowledge to our sales support team and working with the product managers & Prep to ensure the smooth transitions of all Installations
- Providing post install and snagging support.
- High level Technical Support to the Service Department.
- Providing basic training documentation on new products
- Providing Training and Support to all Service Teams.
- Providing documentation and processes to improve how the Service Desk support our products.
- Providing Flexible hours of cover over a 7-day week, to ensure we have support when necessary, this will on occasion involve evenings and overnight support of installations or rollouts.
- Working closely with the account managers and handling technical escalations.
- Working independently to investigate and diagnose in depth technical issues.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou:
T: 01372 748444 / E: email@example.com