Service Desk Analyst - South Oxford
As a 1st Line Service Desk Analyst you will be the first point of contact for technical queries in accordance to our defined service deliverables, liaising with staff and central support teams to ensure the timely resolution any incidents requests.
The key responsibilities are:
- Provide technical advice and expertise in relation to desktop hardware and software, provide quick break fix solutions to customer queries and escalate those to the appropriate expert team within a defined time period ensuring information gathering is complete
- Ensure appropriate levels of support are delivered across all sites and office locations, we are a global business.
- Resolve incidents and action requests as required by performing an accurate diagnosis and implementing an appropriate solution. Monitor and escalate incidents and requests against defined service levels.
- Build and develop relationships between all support teams, inclusive of Desktop Support, Support Desk and Technical Infrastructure teams
- To carry out root cause analysis work to ensure we are taking a proactive approach to providing support to our Customers.
- Working closely with current systems and support staff and identifying current or pending areas of concern, and opportunities for growth or consolidation.
- Collect and prepare management information as required.
- Monitor and supervise the Service Now queue ensuring all incidents and requests are accepted and responded in line with the Service Desk SLAs.
- Email, Phone and desk-side technical support of Windows/Mac workstations and related software.
- Some Active Directory administration.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, patches and resolves hardware and software related problems in a Windows environment.
To be successful the ideal candidate will have:
- Strong technical IT ability ideally gained from a similar service desk role resolving hardware and software related problems in a Windows environment
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience of software installs/upgrades
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be solution focused
- Able to deal with high volume and priorities accordingly
- Good communication skills both written and verbally