Context of the mission
2 new projects, with strict deadlines, have been initiated within the Ancillary Services (AS) and Real-time (RT) domains. These projects consist of C# applications, which will interact with many tools (internal and external).
In order to ensure the quality of the deliverables, we would like to hire a Senior IT Tester.
Responsibilities of the Senior tester
- Write or adapt a test plan and test Scenario based on existing functionalities and software and new functionalities.
- Make a recommendation on the tests to execute (for example on non-regression tests)
- Execute the tests based on self-written or already existing test plan/test scenarios
- Log formally the issues/work items within a test tracking tool (Microsoft Team Foundation Service TFS) and, if necessary, explain the issue to the developers.
- Make periodical test status report, based on the test plan.
- Make integration testing between the different application
The IT Application Leader (ITAL) will be responsible for the planning and work of the tester.
· Define the test strategy
· Define the structure of the test cases
· Translate the functional analysis into test cases
· Execute tests and log defects when needed
· Execute integration tests and log defects when needed
· Follow-up of defect resolution
· Design and execute reporting to the project manager (specification, execution & defects)
Profile of the Senior Tester
· At least 3 years of experience as a tester
· Good knowledge of a test methodology
· Experience with SQL queries (MS SQL Server)
· Be able to test web services or work with YML / XML files
· IT mind-set : able to learn and adapt to new technical environments and/or new tools easily
· Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server is an asset
· Knowledge of the energy market is an asset
· Knowledge of real-time environments and experience with redundant systems is an asset.
· Fluent in English, ability to write in English is mandatory
· Fluent in Dutch or French