Senior Systems Field Engineer
*Must have a full UK Driving licence and own a car*
Salary: up to £40,000 pa DOE (including additional £4,200 car allowance)
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Job purpose: On-site IT support + network upgrades for your nominated accounts
Experience & qualifications:
- Every field engineer must have installation and troubleshooting experience with Server 2012/16/19 and Exchange 2013/16/19. Administration experience alone is not in-depth enough for this role!
- Must be capable of installing a new firewall reliably and securely (currently ZyXel and Cisco Meraki).
- Must have a valid MCSA or above (An MCSE/A 2008 would be acceptable with a view to the candidate being eager to update ASAP)
- Field engineers are close to their accounts (or prospective customer) and should therefore be comfortable discussing and understanding their requirements to offer solutions to develop an appropriate network or solution. Once agreed, to assist the project manager in ordering the right kit and additional resources where necessary.
- Develop strong relationship and trust with your nominated accounts through honest guidance and
thinking in their best interests
- Strong notes (what done, outstanding works etc) + liaise with account manager in Epsom office at the end of every site visit
- Provide a professional and consultative approach to dealing with customers
- Proactively identify issues + opportunities and escalate/feedback concerns where necessary
- Keep their networks running smoothly with upgrades as & when required
- Reasonable flexibility as we a problem fixing business and need to look after our customers
- Support the admin teams (input to customer requests, configurations and upgrades)
- Helpdesk support when not on site (typically 1 day per week, being willing to 'chip in' where needed is essential)
- Be the ultimate "go-to" guy for problems on your customer set
- Maintain a high level of professionalism: timeliness, attire, manners
- Site visits:
- Ensure you understand the scope of the visit before arriving
- Discuss todays visit with customer before starting, check on priorities, customer understands what they're asking for (especially if implications)
- At end of day, ensure notes are completed and customer understands/appreciates work done
- If can't complete scope of work, explanation + action plan going forward. Update admin team + customer
- Site documentation completed (especially Visio drawings)
- Good practices (back-ups, security) are in place and actively checked
- Requests (especially that you commit to!) are passed back to the admin team and/or added to your next site visit scope document. Out of hour requests need to be particularly managed.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou in confidence -
E: firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 01372 748444