Senior QA Tester (Automated Testing)
The technology team develop and maintain a crucial suite of back-office products that are used by the business. We are in the process of creating some exciting new capabilities for our growing business and we are looking for talented individuals to help us on this journey.
- Knowledge of the full delivery lifecycle (SDLC) and experience of all phases of a Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience of designing, developing and executing automated tests, implementing custom frameworks and identification and adoption of automation tools.
- Hands on experience of API testing.
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL with the ability to interrogate databases using joins, commands, clauses and statements.
- Experience of Performance Testing including definition of the approach, designing and executing tests and interpreting results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Be responsible for testing activity within an Agile team on a portfolio of products.
- Defining the approach to and scope of testing, utilising the most effective and efficient methods for evaluating product quality while mitigating risk.
- Designing, developing and executing automated tests, adopting a logical approach to identify the highest value candidates for automation.
- Reviewing and refining the approach to automation, implementing new frameworks and introducing new tools and practices as necessary.
- Designing and executing manual tests, both scripted and exploratory.
- Conducting methodical investigations to identify root cause of issues and collaboratively work with the team to prioritise them for resolution.
- Playing an influential and proactive role in driving QA initiatives and furthering the capabilities of the Test Team.
- Participating in and contributing to the team ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Contributing to delivery process improvements across the Technology Team.
- Providing guidance and support on QA matters to other members within the QA Team and wider department.
- Advocating quality, promoting industry standard practices and striving to provide the best service to our customers.
- Strong problem-solving ability and a willingness to take a pragmatic approach to testing, adapting and adopting different methods such as risk-based testing.
- Experience of coaching and developing other Test Team members through walkthroughs, workshops, mentoring and writing training documentation.
- Ability to adapt and help the team in running Agile ceremonies, conducting demos, eliciting and defining Requirements, helping define Unit Test Scope, when needed.
- Ability to proactively provide constructive feedback on and champions delivery process improvements.
- Be self-motivated to develop knowledge of new and unfamiliar technologies and business logic.
If the role sounds of interest and you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.