Senior Operations Engineer
As Senior Operations Engineer, you will provide hands-on technical expertise and leadership to improve and develop our Operations' systems and practices. You will offer technical assistance and support to a team of Operations engineers and other departments whose systems are maintained by the IT Operations department.
The technical department is made up of Digital Transformation - leading on digital delivery and global digital services and Engineering - providing technical leadership for software development, QA, DevOps and application support. Our IT department has approximately 50 members of staff and also work closely with an offshore development team.
- Experience working in an Enterprise class IT Operations department that provide technical support, monitoring, and incident response.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux based infrastructure in an Enterprise environment.
- Advanced cloud hosting expertise in AWS in an Enterprise environment including maintaining the following services - EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, CloudFormer, CloudWatch.
- Experienced in using automation to automate infrastructure tasks (Puppet, Chef etc)
- Experience with scripting including, but not limited to: PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, or Python
- Exposure to "DevOps" style working practices, developing and automating solutions related to Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery.
- Experience working with VMware server virtualization.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Experience managing network security monitoring, detection, and analysis tools, to include IDS, IPS, DLP, SEIM, etc.
About the benefits:
- Excellent pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Generous annual leave
- A range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership.
- Subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Modern offices 5 minutes walk from the train station and and numerous cafés and restaurants.
If the role sounds of interest please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.