Java Developer / Jira / Confluence / Bamboo / Bitbucket / Java / Spring / Batch / MVC / Security Tx / DI / Hibernate / MS-SQL / MSSQL / Oracle / GWT / Java 1.8 / Spring 4.x / Gin / Camel / CFX / Quartz / Fuse ESB / Maven / TestNG / Mockito / DbUnit / TDD / Cloud / AWS / Amazon Web Services / Linux / MacOS / Atlassian Development Suite
6 Month Contract - Senior Java Developer
Start Date: ASAP
Daily Rate: Competitive/Dependant on experience
Location: Camberley, Surrey
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
My client is a leading Insurance software company that provides solutions to the insurance industry that can be implemented rapidly.
Their advanced software enables customers to streamline their processes in the management of claims, policies, billing and rating.
The team is expanding rapidly due to the continued success of the business and they are now looking for 2 Senior Java Developers to join their friendly team on a contract basis.
- 10 years commercial Java experience
- Experience with Maven and Continuous Integration platforms
Commercial experience of server-side development using:
- Spring (DI, Tx, Security, Batch, MVC)
- Hibernate (5+ years experience)
- Relational database (e.g. MSSQL/ Oracle)
Key Responsibilities / Capabilities:
- Excellent communications skills
- Take responsibility for designing complex solutions
- Can work in a fast, iterative development environment
- Willingness to grasp new tasks and projects at short notice
- Can work alone or in a team
- Take responsibility for conducting code reviews
- Pragmatic approach to existing codebase
- Mentor junior developers regarding programming practices and techniques
Experienced server-side Java developer required by a software house to work on a suite of products for the insurance industry.
As a Java Developer you will be responsible for designing and implementing improvements to a portfolio of enterprise class web applications architected using Java, Spring and Hibernate with a rich user interface written in Java using GWT.
You will be working in an environment that consists of the following technologies: Java 1.8, Spring 4.x (DI, Tx, Security, Batch, MVC), Hibernate 5.x, Activiti, GWT, Gin, Camel, CFX, Quartz, Fuse ESB, Maven, TestNG, Mockito, DbUnit.
You will use the Atlassian development suite; Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Exposure to insurance industry
- Proficient in TDD principles and understands the importance of test coverage
- Experience of Linux administration
- Previous exposure to Cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with MacOs
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou