We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to develop and maintain the organisations software and DevOps infrastructure, to work with key stakeholders to analyse problems and propose software-based solutions, and to provide guidance to more junior members of staff.
- Considerable professional software development experience required
- Knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, REST, Frontend JS frameworks (Angular/AngularJS, React), SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with AWS/Azure, microservices and Kubernetes/OpenShift.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain software for use within the organisation and by the general public
- Maintain the DevOps infrastructure and ensure site reliability
- Provide the 'digital glue' to integrate various COTS solutions from different vendors
- Provide advice to others in the team
- Analyse problems and requirements raised by key stakeholders and propose solutions
The role provides advice and supervision to others in the team but, is not formally responsible for their management.