Role: Senior Java Developer
We are looking for a senior Java developer (Java 8) for a new Experienced Survey Platform Implementation. The main activity will be to integrate a variety of our client's applications and data sources with new Survey Tool cloud services.
The developer will work in close collaboration with our domain experts, other technical teams and internal business customers. Daily tasks will include detailed design work, data model mapping, software development, testing and documentation. Contributing to project planning and estimation of your own work will be expected.
If the right candidate is found and can start on time, he/she will have the benefit of free training courses on this new Experienced Survey platform from the vendor.
- Development of a Data Transformation layer exposing the survey management capabilities to the internal applications
- Development of other integration components between systems as needed.
- Do this work by taking into account: security, privacy, accuracy and performance.
- Participation in reviews, testing, acceptance, deployment and end-user support.
- University qualification in software engineering or computer science.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as a software developer.
- Hands-on Java development using frameworks (see list below).
- Familiar with data models, schemas, datatypes, attributes and data mapping.
- Knowledge of REST with JSON, and SOAP with XML interfaces.
- Familiarity with FTP/SFTP and file processing.
- Design patterns for asynchronous events, queuing, and producer/consumer.
- Integration via API management platforms such as WSO2.
- Very good verbal communication and documentation writing skills.
- General SQL knowledge.
Nice To Have:
- Having worked with integration of cloud services would be an advantage.
- Experience with JIRA for requirements management.
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Familiarity with Google's Publish/Subscribe cloud service and Amazon AWS.
- Prior experience within the telecommunications sector.
- Prior experience with Customer Experience survey platform integration.
- Prior experience with API management platform
- Any specific integration experience with SalesForce, ServiceNow.