Senior DevOps / SDET Consultant - Permanent - London
An IT consultancy is looking to appoint a Senior DevOps Consultant on a permanent basis. The DevOps Consultant will predominantly be based at client's' sites within the M25 or occasionally at their office in Central London.
As a Senior DevOps Consultant, you will focus on helping clients deliver results against some of their moist complex business and technology initiatives. The Senior DevOps Consultant will be experienced in establishing collaborative partnerships with team members to help adopt or improve their Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Test Automation engineering practices.
As part of the DevOps delivery team, you will be supporting clients throughout the software delivery lifecycle by:
- Leading and/or growing a team of engineers to deliver a technology roadmap
- Recommending the appropriate strategy, methodology and tooling for a client's business and technical challenges
- Implementing the appropriate engineering practices and tooling for infrastructure, hosting, continuous delivery and testing
- Coaching and training individuals and teams in development, DevOps and test automation practices and tools
- Promoting highly collaborative levels of engagement within client teams
The client will favour candidates with an aptitude for both business and technical skills. The successful applicant will be:
- Experienced with technical architecture and have an understanding of the design and delivery of IT systems for a broad range of clients
- Experienced with Cloud, CI/CD, containerisation, provisioning, BI and monitoring tools/technologies
- Able to code with Java, C#, Ruby or any other modern development languages
- Passionate about code quality and an advocate of clean code principles
- Experienced in developing software following TDD and/or BDD
- A confident communicator, collaborative team member with great interpersonal skills
- Proactive about knowledge sharing, pairing and developing the skills of others
- A lifelong learner and an openness to learn new ways.
- Have expertise and preferably certifications in the latest tools and technologies such as: Azure, AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Chef, Cucumber, Kubernetes etc.
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, Life Assurance, other perks and benefits
- Join a growing, ambitious company with opportunities for growth, training and development
For more information please apply