I hope you are well.
I wanted to see if you were in the market for a new PERMANENT position:
SAP Support Manger - Permanent - £70,000 - Plus Benefits - Watford
Purpose of role:
Our end user retail client runs SAP solutions that currently underpin their finance, supply chain and maintenance processes. The SAP Support team, consisting currently of 12 and with approved recruitment underway for a further 5 team members provides all areas of support required to ensure that our SAP solutions are operated effectively. This manager position will have overall responsibility for the management of our SAP solutions and will support the business is setting the direction for the future of our SAP application support.
- Main responsibilities:
- taking overall responsibility for the management and direction of our SAP application support
- accountable and responsible for issue resolution on SAP application systems
- ensuring that our SAP provision meets business and application objectives, performance measures and any associated SLAs
- ensuring that our SAP environments are fit for purpose and well manage to meet our compliance expectations at all times
- developing and managing the operational strategy for the SAP solutions, in consultation with the IT senior team and driving forward changes to services accordingly
- growing the capability of the SAP application to fulfil this strategy and meet future business needs
- developing relationships with and managing third-party suppliers & partners - including all associated technical support agreements, to enable delivery of the agreed SAP solution
- facilitating our SAP application continuous improvement agenda, to ensure that we are constantly adding value to the business in this area
- overseeing the quality of change requests ensuring ongoing application support to agreed SLAs can be met
- supporting the provision of estimates for development work to our continuous improvement and project teams as appropriate
- overseeing the management of all developed and implemented code, ensuring that it follows standards, adheres to release or change processes and is fully version controlled
- managing the SAP team resource plan, ensuring that we have the right profile and competencies within the team to ensure the best support service for our business
- Essential skills and experience:
- significant experience of SAP
- experience managing and providing support to SAP ECC, SRM, EDI, Real Estate and Datawarehouse
- experience of SAP Netweaver Gateway and portal technologies
- experience of other applications, outside of the SAP suite
- excellent knowledge of an integrated ERP solution
- good working understanding of Cloud based SAP solutions versus on premise.
- good working understanding of applications, interfacing, associated infrastructure, data and architectural models
- experience of SAP implementations of equivalent size and scale, in at least one relevant company
- in-depth knowledge of core requirements to set up and maintain SAP environments
- in-depth knowledge of SAP licensing models and managing licence discussions & licence submissions directly with SAP
- proven experience of 'bedding in' SAP and promoting the practical use of SAP within an organisation similar to JDW
- proven experience of line management a technical support team of 10+
- proven experience of expanding and improving a support function, demonstrating a flexible approach to delivering service appropriate to a company's specific needs.
- ability to lead and motivate a technical support team of varied experience and background
- ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals across a variety of IT and business functions
- ability to influence and negotiate effectively, in a clear and concise manner with individuals and groups, at all levels of an organisation, business and technical.
- ability to work collaboratively with project, business and technical teams, to ensure that the company end goal is met
- experience of retail-based business preferred, but not essential
- Benefits: 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays) pro rata; bonus scheme, paying up to 30% of salary; free shares; BUPA healthcare cover; contributory pension scheme (all after a qualifying period of service).
I appreciate this is brief, however if this is something of interest to you, please send me a copy of your CV and I can give you a call. If you're not available but know someone who may be interested, please feel free to forward on my contact details (we do offer a referral fee for any successfully placed candidates).