Report Developer (Python and BI Tools) South Oxford
This new role is tasked with helping the business to track performance, identify new revenue opportunities, support evidence-based sales pitches, and inform key business decision making, through the development of insightful dashboards & reports that facilitate complex ad-hoc analysis. The role will also be expected to undertake a certain amount of training & knowledge sharing to help upskill other team members.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience of Python/R, SQL programming, Databases like Postgres, SQL Server
- Previous experience of BI visualization tools e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos
- Working on interacting with AWS services like S3, EC2, EMR, Glue, Redshift.
- Statistical methods, machine learning & predictive modelling algorithms
- Agile -Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Knowledge of best practice in data presentation
- Working with business stakeholders to identify, scope, document and develop key analytics and business intelligence (BI) opportunities
- Develop reporting that offers end-users an easy and intuitive way to interact with their data, to spot the pieces of information most critical to their jobs and to act on them immediately. To include dashboards, heat and geographic maps with drill-down and drill-through capability, actionable key performance indicators (KPIs), automatic report scheduling and business alerts.
- Engaging in full report development lifecycle including Requirements, Design, Development, Testing and Support.
- Maximizing reporting performance
- Pulling & cleaning data from business systems and other sources using languages such as Python and SQL, to produce ad-hoc analysis based on business requirements.
- Delivering insights through an effective understanding of:
- The company's strategic goals
- The roles of the various departments within the company's strategy
- The pieces of information that are vital to each department and to the company as a whole.
- Attention to detail: Ability to use data/market knowledge to spot and investigate possible inconsistencies/anomalies in own and others dashboards.
- Drive for Results: Excellent time management skills; ability to effectively prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- IT Literacy: Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software and systems.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively both with technology and the wider business
- Influencing Skills: Able to put forward a persuasive case to improve future reporting capabilities.
- Innovation: A critical and creative thinker, who is adept at problem solving can get to the root cause of an issue and seeks opportunities to deliver improvements
- Market and Customer Focus: able to demonstrate market and customer awareness including the competitive environment, market trends and key customer issues.