Application Technical Support Engineer (Remedy)
The Remedy Application Technical Support Engineer is responsible for maintaining the availability and delivery of the ITSM Toolset within the UK managed service platform. This is delivered as part of a 24/7/365 support model underpinning the delivery of all associated services and service levels in line with contractual performance levels.
The Remedy ITSM toolset includes SmartIT, MyIT, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Service Request Management, Service Level Management, CMDB/Asset Management, Discovery and Reporting business solutions (version 9 and newer).
Technical Expertise Required:
- 3+ years of experience in a Remedy support role, diagnosing and resolving incidents within the Remedy application to meet customer SLAs
- 3+ years of experience with, configuration and administration including SOAP web services. applications.
- 3+ years of infrastructure/server administration experience in particular SSO (Single Sign On), SAML, Server Groups and Load Balancing
- Thorough understanding of the Remedy table structure including foundation (e.g CTM:People), record processing (e.g AP:Detail-Signature/HPD:HelpDesk_SLM_Join_Outer) and core layer (e.g CAI:Event Parameters)
- Experience configuring and administering BMC SmartIT and MyIT modules (version 9.x and newer).
- Troubleshooting experience when working with product vendor and customers including the creation and tracking of BMC help desk tickets.
- Experience with migrating code and data into and between Remedy environments using the desktop import tool, import/export console and Remedy Migrator tool.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support interfacing with suppliers as required to resolve complex issues and agreeing solutions with Technical Design Authorities
- Delivery of the Remedy Application Technical Support remit ensuring the availability of the function across a 24/7, 365 day pattern including on call requirements
- Liaise with Customers on all complex issues that cannot be resolved satisfactorily by 1st and 2nd line teams, taking ownership through to resolution whilst maintaining communication flow throughout
- Ensuring the Remedy Application Infrastructure and systems are patched to the correct level required by our security accreditors.
- Ensuring the Remedy Application, enablers and supporting infrastructure are performing within required capacity management parameters.
- Ensuring the Remedy Application and Enabler service uptimes are within the business defined SLAs.
- Ensuring the Remedy Application and Enabler supporting infrastructure hardware is maintained.
- Support and undertake the installation of new or upgraded the Remedy Application and Enabler Infrastructure components, systems and services.
- Support and evolve Operational Acceptance criteria activities
- Support the User Acceptance Testing, User Trials and Service Commencement requirements
- Maintain Technical Support policies, processes and tools related to the Remedy Application and Enablers
- Undertake initiatives to strengthen the Incident Analysts knowledge and capabilities
- Develop Continuous Improvement Plans, identify risks and undertake initiatives to mprove performance quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Support the Application Technical Support Manager with Vendor and Supplier technical performance and management reviews
- Provide responses to operational escalations and complaints in an effective and professional manner.
- Act as an external ambassador, representing and promoting UKMS to customers and suppliers through all relevant contact
- Adhere to all relevant MSP and MSI processes.
- Knowledge sharing, training and development within the team
- Support the production of reports relating to the IT Technical Support team performance.
- Identify risks to achieving performance Levels and initiate appropriate actions to mitigate.