QA Developer in Test
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
Division/Department: Product Engineering / Reporting to QA Manager
The developer in test will be accountable for ensuring that software releases from the company are of a high quality, deliver on all identified test requirements, fit for purpose and successfully complete on all types of testing.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience as an API automation tester with strong coding skills in at least one scripting language such as bash, ruby, or python. A team player who can work within Agile development teams to deliver new types of testing and test strategies to deliver improvements on the quality of all company software deliverables.
Key skills required include:
- Experience of automating the testing of API and web driven software applications.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as a QA Tester, ideally working within a SCRUM agile development environment.
- Excellent, proven testing skills, with an ability to demonstrate this during the interview process.
- Experience with CI/CD and TDD process
- High level of attention to detail with a methodical, patient approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently drives for improvement.
- Comfortable working between teams as an advocate of quality who is prepared to drive process improvements in all aspects of the organisation
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated to meet deadlines.
- Fast learner, able to work unsupervised for periods
- Driving and developing automated tests using a proprietary API testing tool
- Driving the automation objectives and strategy of the QA function
- Working with the development teams to add automation testing to the test requirements of projects.
- Write detailed test plans / automation test scripts from project user stories written by the product owners and developers
- Involvement in agile project initiation to define testing strategies and to develop new testing types and methods.
- Active participant in the team scrum processes where required
- Manual functional, system and regression testing of the company applications
- Active participant in the team SCRUM process where required.
- ISEB Foundation Testing certification
- Postman, SoapUI or equivalent API testing tool
- JMeter, or equivalent load testing tooling
- Web based service testing
- Comfortable working from the command line within various windows or Linux OS
- Familiar with AWS cloud services
- Knowledge of test management tools such as qTest, QTP, TestRail or other.
- XML and JSON data schemas
- RESTful APIs
- JIRA for project management and issue/bug tracking
- Relational Database experience. Knowledge of SQL
- Experience in data verification testing methods
- Experience in Retailer POS systems
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou: