Context of the mission
The mission of a IT Project Manager is to make sure the project stakeholders and EDFL will benefit from project deliveries according to commitments and expectations by constantly managing the triangle of scope, timing and budget.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager
As a project manager you will plan and ensure execution of one or more IT projects within set timelines and budget by defining and managing elements such as the scope, solution, planning, budget, risks, resources, dependencies and quality, in close collaboration with your internal clients and both internal and external suppliers.
You will ensure the complete delivery of the solution by integrating both IT and business stakeholders, where ensuring will be based on the satisfaction of the users of the implemented solution. You will be the trusted companion of your sponsors and stakeholders during the whole project, and especially during the steering committees, and provide them with regular and clear project statuses and prepare actively management decisions requested.
You will work in different business areas (utility based) with a broad range of IT applications. You actively pursue and coordinate the end to end implementation, leading a multi-disciplinary team of business and IT experts. The core applications used are SAP and salesforce.com interconnected by an ESB.
You will make sure the necessary resources are available and confirmed by the different capacity managers.
You will bring guidance and coaching to your business and IT resources (process owners, key users, functional analysts, technical analysts, developers, testers, change agents, etc.) and report on their performance and evolution towards the relevant managers. You will act in a team accountability mode, where you as a PM will be the key spokesperson, working closely with key stakeholders: business process owners, key users, Solution Architects, Business Engagement Managers, and other business units where needed.
You will actively participate in the preparation phase (RFP, pilot's, budget and business case definition) to ensure the delivery of the project scope in the agreed time and budget.
You will ensure that all reports and dashboards always contain the latest information on your project
You will always keep track of the business case and take attention on the prioritization based on this (minimum viable product supporting the most benefit towards the business case).
Time, Budget, Scope and quality must be respected at all times.
Profile of the Project Manager
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers;
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Master English and are at least conversational in Dutch or French;
- Thorough experience in working with project management tools & MS Office
- Ease in project management methodologies, experience in Agile and/or having methodology certification is considered an asset;
- You know the techniques of managing scope-time-budget-quality-risk management
- A good general understanding of business context and complex IT projects technologies and systems;
- Experience in Utilities is a must.