PROJECT MANAGER, BRUSSELS
Working in the dynamic and expanding Global Sort Systems and Line Haul international - software development team, manage project and process compliance. With opportunities to lead internal projects and work closely with our customers. The role will primarily work with EU team, but have a global customer base, and may involve occasional international travel.
- Must have Project and process management skills with experience of defining and leading / coordinating complex cross functional or multi country IT projects.
- Excellent general understanding of the computer/I.T. environment including current and emerging trends relating to the business application of software and automation, IT regulatory requirements.
- Good leadership skills and inter-personal skills.
- Be able to work independently as well be a team player and deliver against a deadline.
You will be part of the Global Sort Systems and Line Haul international department development team whose team members are distributed across multiple European countries. Your focus will be on developing and maintaining highly available, reliable, scalable sortation product.
- Focuses on the achievement of project deliverables by identifying and securing commitment for the use of specific individuals, with the relevant skill-set for the life cycle of the project. Manages the project team members using the effective methods to gain/retain the commitment and ensure required project performance levels Recommends and pursues the development of appropriate cross- functional alignments that leverage project success, and ensures these relationships are maintained throughout the project life cycle. Lead or participate in various software development related activities.
- Ongoing manages and controls the project to ensure achievement of the deliverables (costs, schedule, functionality etc). Includes continuous evaluation of progress/risks and changing requirements, identification & initiation of corrective actions, regular status updates etc. Verifies with the manager, prior to escalating to Project Sponsors/Snr/Functional Executive Management, factors that potentially have a serious impact on the success of the project, together with recommendations for resolution.
- Manages the vendor relationship to ensure project requirements are understood, ongoing service levels maintained, and achievement of timely results in accordance with the defined project standards and contractual agreement. Challenges the use of established vendors and pursues/recommends alternatives according to project needs, emergence of new technologies etc. Leads/participates in the identification, evaluation and selection of appropriate vendors who can deliver new/innovative solutions/services to support defined aspects of projects.
- Aligns/challenges the use of proposed/standard methods and tools that impact the achievement of project deliverables. Recommends alternatives with supporting justification. Take responsibility for mentoring and overseeing junior colleagues and contractors (depending on job level).
- Leads the final review and evaluation of the project. Involves all related parties (customers, sponsors, project team, vendors etc) to enable correct analysis of project success factors. Recommends specific proposals and rationales to enhance current IT and business processes. Includes full analytical support documentation (root cause, benchmarking etc).
- Develops and maintains an in depth knowledge of the FedEx business (business strategy & IT strategies, operations & processes etc.) of the macro business environment (current & emerging IT, industry & market practices etc.), together with a good understanding of other FedEx operating companies. Incorporates knowledge and experiences to provide new insights and uses structured methods to share knowledge with relevant peers (coaching, informal training, information sharing etc). Be involved in aspects of business and financial planning, service level management etc.
- Be working with multiple Intercontinental and diverse teams on global initiatives.
- Be required to travel on a limited basis, usually within Europe.
What are we looking for?
- Good command of English.
- Good project and/or process management skills with experience of defining and leading / coordinating complex cross functional or multi country IT projects. (Project management training & certification)
- Excellent formal presentation skills with experience of presenting and justifying complex scenarios to management level audiences Experience client side technologies Angular or React is a plus.
- Basic leadership skills and Good inter-personal skills.
- Self-starter who is willing to work with colleagues in a distributed environment to get the task done.
- Good influencing skills with experience of gaining commitment to complex/high impact concepts/programmes.
- Good understanding of financial planning/budgeting principles (experience of controlling a project budget).
- Good judgement & reasoning skills with experience of developing business focused solutions to complex issues.
- Agile development experience preferred (SAFE Agile a huge benefit).