IT Project Manager BI
Start date : 01/03/2021
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
The mission of an IT Project Manager is to make sure that the project stakeholders will benefit from project deliveries according to commitments and expectations by constantly managing the triangle of scope, timing and capacity.
In this particular case, we're looking for a project manager with a large experience in Infrastructure projects and more specifically in Business Intelligence (BI) Infrastructure projects.
Note that since this BI project may not be a fulltime job, project manager in charge could also be requested to manage other Infrastructure or Lifecycle Management projects.
Short description of the Project
Some time ago , the need to review the client's BI IT landscape has been identified and a number of actions were undertaken in order to find the most suitable solution both on the short and on the long terms. Time has come now to consolidate the outcome of all those actions into a bigger project that will consist in a rebuild of the Oracle Datawarehouse.
- As a project manager you will plan and ensure execution of the IT initiatives assigned to you by defining and managing elements such as the scope, solution, planning, budget, risks, resources, dependencies and quality, in close collaboration with your internal clients and subcontractors.
- You will ensure the complete delivery of the solution by integrating both IT and business stakeholders, where ensuring will be based on the satisfaction of the users of the implemented solution. You will be the trusted companion of your sponsors and stakeholders during the whole project, and especially during the steering committees, and provide them with regular and clear project statuses and prepare actively management decisions requested.
- You will actively pursue and coordinate the end to end implementation. You will make sure the necessary resources are available and confirmed by the different capacity managers. You will act in a team accountability mode, where you as a PM will be the key spokesperson working closely with key stakeholders such as business process owners, key users, solution architects, Infrastructure managers, business engagement aanagers, … and other business units where needed.
- You will ensure that all reports and dashboards always contain the latest information on your project
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers;
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and Business Intelligence technologies such as Oracle, SAS,SPSS, QlikSense,…
- Master English and at least conversational in Dutch or French;
- Thorough experience in working with project management tools & MS Office
- Ease in project management methodologies
- Experience in Agile framework
- You know the techniques of managing scope-time-budget-quality-risk management
- A good general understanding of business context and complex IT projects technologies and systems including complex and diverse interfaces between systems (SalesForce, SAP, BW, ODBC, …)
- Experience in Utilities is an asset.
- Have successfully ended large and/or complex project implementations, including fixed price projects and 3rd party sub-contractors management.
- Able to work in a team accountability environment and able to forge collaboration between business and IT colleagues;
- Possess client-facing and internal communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Able to manage stakeholders;
- Excellent and proactive organizer with strong tracking and follow-up skills;
- Correct, though , persistent;
- Show discipline and report correctly project status;
- Like to work within a changing environment and under pressure;
- Has leadership skills, even when not hierarchically empowered
- Is able to set and change priorities and perform under pressure
- Analytical skills & problem solver
- Capable to understand fast new technologies
- Prepares for decision, management decision support, including Steerco & Exec reporting
- Set the pace, prompts for decision
- Good organizer, Common sense
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills