The Programme Manager is responsible for building and managing a world-class team of project managers, working closely with the stakeholders across the company to plan the development and delivery of software releases; and the onboarding of retailers.
The Programme Manager will be expected to be familiar and manage all implementation and subsequent projects. This will require a full understanding of my clients solutions and working closely with Product management and Release management.
Role Relationship to other functions
It is essential that the Programme Manager is able to quickly develop an excellent matrix of relationships within the company globally.
Relationship with Sales
Build an excellent relationship with the sales team, arranging and overseeing where necessary briefings and handovers. Ensure expectations are clearly set in the sales process and the client perceives a 'seamless' transfer between Sales and Project Delivery.
Relationship with Engineering / Product Management
Work closely with product management and engineering to ensure that appropriate prioritisation is given to requests for product enhancements or changes, in line with the project plan.
Relationship with Support
Following a formalised handover process, oversee liaison with Support to ensure that all delivery criteria have been met for each client implementation to ensure a smooth handover to the support team.
* Customer Onboarding Projects
o Develop an end to end solution to customer onboarding, making for a more seamless process.
o Own customer onboarding from point of sale through to final handover
* Client Satisfaction:
o Ensure the delivery of all Customer projects on time and to budget.
o Achieve formal signoff and handover to client at the completion of each project
o Work in conjunction with the sales team to ensure the correct expectations are set during the Pre-sales activities;
o Ensure correct and qualified resources are available and assigned to the Customers Projects;
o Aim to achieve a client reference from every project
* Staff Satisfaction:
o Ensure that clear and effective goals and objectives are set for the Programme Management team.
o Direct, motivate and lead the team to produce excellent results in all aspects of delivery
o Listen to issues raised by staff and take correct and effective actions to resolve
o Make staff feel valued and key members of an efficient and effective Programme Management Team
o Inspire staff with the confidence and support to undertake tasks with minimum supervision
o Provide direct line management of Project Managers including Objective Setting, regular one to ones, development plans, holiday bookings and timesheet approval
o Recruit, manage and retain the best talent in the project delivery team
o Provide Project feedback to all relevant team heads assigned to every projects on completion
o Provide constructive input and recommendations to annual performance and salary reviews activities for all staff working in the Programmeme Management function.
* Project Profitability & Commercial Management:
o Manage all projects to ensure that each project conforms to the agreed Man Day duration, Daily Rates and % Margin
o Confirm that all the required contractual documents are signed and in place prior to commencing project delivery
o Update project plans and reporting pack information on a weekly basis
o Ensure staff obtain signoff from clients for all delivery work performed on the project using the standard CSD (Client Signoff Document) on immediate completion of the delivery activity
o Ensure staff enter all time and expenses on a weekly basis;
o Review and approve/reject all Time and Expenses for the regional projects in a timely manner;
o Customer Invoices are produced for all work completed and approved
o Ensure incurred expenses are re-billed to client in accordance with the Professional Services Agreement Terms & Condition
o Review Weekly Utilisation Reports ensuring staff are achieving their defined Utilisation Targets, taking corrective actions as required to make up any shortfall;
o Provide updates on Revenue and utilisation as needed.
* SOC Management
Oversee the company's SOC process which is crucial to the business. This includes delegation of tasks to project managers and liaison with other teams to ensure that all SOC processes are adhered to.
* Strong and accomplished Customer facing skills and experience
* Experience of successfully leading agile teams, using agile frameworks and guidelines
* Minimum of 8 years' experience in leading a services or project organisation, specialising in systems delivery for multiple concurrent clients
* A full understanding and previous experience of managing project profitability
* Excellent People Management skills;
* Experience of working in conjunction with Sales Account Managers
* A proven track record in commercial management (including full P&L responsibility) for team of consulting resources
* Excellent Presentation skills;
* Verbal & Written Communication Skills
* Microsoft Office (including Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
* Capable of driving change through influence, coaching and education
* Ability to drive large complex programmes and solutions, across multiple teams and geographies
* Comfortable managing changing priorities and building consensus across stakeholders
* Ownership - take responsibility for the success of the programme
* Own the management and reporting, cross functionality of all stages of development and release cycles
* Plan the programmes from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
* Provide direction and guidance to project managers in ways that promote our culture
* Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
* Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
* Apply change risk and resource management
* Resolve project issues
* Thorough understanding of project/programme management techniques, tools and methodologies
* Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
* Outstanding knowledge of reporting and budgeting
* Excellent organisational, leadership, communication and problem solving skills
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please contact Lee Barham on 01372 748 444 / email@example.com