Product Manager - 12 month fixed term - South Oxfordshire
The Product Manager will support the Directors of Product Management and Product Strategy and is responsible for the development and evolution of one or more of customer-facing applications in support of researchers and/or learners in a variety of settings. The Product Manager's focus will be to enhance and maximize the value associated with their applications by defining a product roadmap through close collaboration with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business to identify and prioritize the features, functionalities, and enhancements that will yield significant, demonstrable benefits to the business and its customers.
- Relevant experience in a similar or comparable role within product management; experience with accountability for a commercially successful new product and/or effective revitalization of an existing product
- Knowledge of academic research and/or higher education sectors, or adjacent market segments is desirable
- Significant team leadership experience
- A demonstrated history of seeing 'big picture' trends and changes in a sector to identify attractive market segments and key sources of competitive advantage, is desirable but not essential
- Proven ability to plan and manage projects, and budgets
Market knowledge & relationship building
- Develop and apply a deep understanding of relevant research, teaching, and/or learning workflows; gather market and customer insights through customer and sales feedback channels and ongoing competitive analysis
- Develop and/or maintain an understanding of assigned market segments to identify key sources of competitive advantage and new opportunities
- Build and maintain a network of contacts and influencers in relevant markets to ensure that new proposals are well thought through and meet customer needs
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative market research to develop/test propositions with relevant customer segments, and to ensure that these propositions meet market need.
- Track, analyse and anticipate competitor activity, and respond accordingly
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders (Production, Technology, Marketing, Sales, Support, Process Improvement and Finance) to identify opportunities, gather customer feedback and ensure the smooth running of projects
Proposition Development and Execution
- Identify commercially viable opportunities, developing a vision for new products or services and communicate these to get buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and present robust, credible business cases for approval, by ensuring propositions are well researched, Customer Value Propositions (CVPs) are fully tested, market segments are well-defined and P&Ls have been validated.
- Contribute to the roadmap for approved new product initiatives that result in commercially viable products and services that achieve forecasted financial performance
- Collaborate with Technology, and other product colleagues, to develop digital product and service pipelines that satisfy current customer needs, but that are flexible enough to meet future, as yet undefined, requirements
- Be the 'face' and advocate for the products or services you develop and manage, responding to queries from sales, marketing, global and customer support teams
- Monitor, report and act on the ongoing performance of services against key performance indicators including usage, renewal rate, adoptions and revenue against target
- Gather and monitor customer feedback on live services and work with colleagues to devise the roadmap for these services to maximise customer satisfaction, and prioritise releases