Acceptance Test Lead - Telecomms - Basingstoke
The Test Team is responsible for the development, execution of test plans and scripts to deliver the customer User Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT).
The role is accountable for organisation and management of customer OAT testing and obtaining sign off for operational use of the Services.
The role will successfully deliver OAT in line with milestones and to the customer's contractual requirements.
Education/Job related qualifications Required:
* ISTQB & ITIL Foundation or equivalent
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
* Understanding of broadband public safety voice and data communications solutions.
* Technical knowledge and skills to understand the user services and mobile network and
* Experience working in a test environment and delivery of Operational Service Test
Verification to end Users.
* Ability to review and conduct technical analysis of Customer's service requirements to
deliver test and verification of the services.
* Development and execution of test plans and scripts.
* Proven track record of management of customer acceptance testing including issue
* Defining, negotiation, development and gaining agreements for test verification such as
verification strategy, approach, scripts, plans, schedule, and reporting to required timescales
* Management and coordination of all resources to conduct preparation and delivery
successful Customer witness testing.
* Chairing and manage test working group with internal and external Customers.
* Management of test engineers to deliver test scripts and test execution.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
The role will be expected to follow industry standard process and procedures to ensure OAT and service verification are conducted in the most efficient and effective manner and in line with customer expectations, contracts and ITIL framework.
To deliver the OAT schedule in line with project milestones, the role will be responsible for the following:
* Work with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners to fully understand the
OAT requirements and services it will deliver to customers in line with the contract.
* To participate in technical reviews and negotiations with suppliers, authorities and end-users
to deliver test assurance activities.
* Implementation of the test principles and test methodologies
* To understand and review customer requirements in collaboration with service design.
* Review and understand test plans, scripts for system and sub systems, integration testing
and to use these to generate or to include in OAT scripts and test plans.
* Develop detailed test scripts for each test scenario and gain customer acceptance / approval
allowing test execution.
* Develop test plans and input to the development of test schedules for the delivery of
scripting, dry runs and execution of customer witness OAT events.
* Chairing test readiness, test wash-up and test completion reviews.
* Generating test reports.
* Scope, lead and manage execution of test and acceptance activities.
* Build and manage end-user, Authority and supplier relationships and manage expectations
to help the smooth delivery of test activities.
* Manage the resolution of issues arising from testing, working closely with internal and
external stakeholders (including resolver groups)
* Conducting Continual Service Improvement and Lessons Learned test reviews with test