Network & System Engineer
Our client is looking for a Network & System Engineer for the rationalization and implementation of their new IT infrastructure and tools in support of their Digital Transformation.
As Network & System Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the design, implementation of the new IT infrastructure.
- Ensure the availability and reliability of the infrastructure and related services.
- Helping guaranteeing the security of the infrastructure services and application landscape.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation (Design and implementation).
- Participating in the creation and roll-out of IT operational policies, procedures and inventories.
- Creating relevant user manuals.
- Ensure a responsive and high quality service by providing IT assistance and support to our internal and external users.
The following technical skills are desired
- Strong experience with Active Directory.
- Strong experience with at least one virtualization technology (Hyper-V, VMware or Citrix) .
- In depth knowledge of networking : routing and switching, Firewall/Proxy/VPN solutions.
- Strong experience in automation with a scripting language such as PowerShell.
- Strong experience with the Microsoft cloud platform (Office 365, Azure, …) .
- You have an experience with backup policies and solutions.
- You have proven experience in supporting workplace services, including providing user support.
- You have a thorough grasp on security principles and implementations, e.g. installing, tuning and hardening of operating systems (server/desktop) in a Microsoft environment .
Furthermore, any of the following skills will be considered a plus :
- You have experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- You are at ease with database servers and know the SQL query language.
- You have a previous experience in CI/CD solution and a good understanding of a release process.
- well organized,detail-oriented, quality-driven and rigorous.
- team oriented, open minded and flexible.
- You have a Master's degree in computer science or equivalent through experience. OR you have at least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- fluent either in Dutch OR French AND fluent in English, both in writing and speaking (working language).