.Net Developer - Epsom, Surrey
Salary: up to £50,000 depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to the Head of Software Development and working very closely with CIO, you will have a strong background in the development and implementation of the integrations we will need to go for the various out of the box components at Skyguard. In this role leverages analytical technical knowledge to develop and will grow into lead the design and developing scalable solutions of the Software based services. Projects involve multiple technical environments with a high level of customer interaction. You will be involved throughout development lifecycle (Scoping, Design, Development, configuration, implementation and ongoing operations) of higher-level services such as the SaaS layers;
- You will have a strong background in software development and enterprise technologies, an understanding of design patterns, coding, software testing, dependency management and you will work with the newest technologies and will lead new services roll-outs with likeminded developers.
- You will have a proven track record of working on the full software development life cycle of online web-based projects.
- You must be able to demonstrate extensive back-end experience and knowledge. An understanding of front-end development, database design or experience working on high traffic multi-tiered applications is highly desired.
The role includes the following but not limited to:
- You will be a key developer in the growing and experienced team of likeminded development team who create and support proof of concept (POC)/demos, websites, real time applications, solutions and services.
- You will work on new applications and support existing legacy .Net Portals while working closely with internal customers and project teams, business partners and third-party suppliers.
- Responsible for post-launch and tier 3 application support.
Work with other application developers onshore and offshore in developing backend services, software applications and effective solutions
- Design and maintain web APIs used by web apps
- Design, develop, test and maintain various custom applications
- Troubleshoot real time issues, develop solutions and maintenance plans for applications and environment
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- The successful candidate must have up to 8 years of development experience with a minimum 5+ years on C# and .Net and .Net Core as a developer, 2+ years as Web API and MVC developer Ideally candidate should come from the development environments which has heavily involved web and application development, webservices and some elements of DB programming.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Ms SQL and programming skills MS SQL - SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 T-SQL coding, Stored procedures, functions
- Extensive experience in task estimation and experience in sprint planning with the team
- Experience of building B2C systems, utilising microservices and N-tier architecture
- Well versed in Agile methodologies and ceremonies
- Any knowledge or exposure to content management systems
- Experience working in a team environment and in a structured SDLC, SCRUM development environment
- Experience of Git and Git-flow processes with exposure to CI/CD set-ups
- Exposure to continuous integration setup, ideally Octopus and Jenkins
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Some understanding of NoSQL databases and Queuing such as RabbitMQ.
- Awareness of how to leverage the benefits of cloud computing (Azure, AWS)
- Understanding of security, optimisation and caching
- Experience of IIS and webserver setup needed for the APIs, configurations etc.
- Experience and exposure of working in real time systems preferable in a service provider environment.
- Above all the techy requirements this is a fantastic place to work with a great bunch of very friendly people.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou firstname.lastname@example.org / 01372 748444