The .NET Developer develops applications according to agreed functional requirements, non-functional requirements, architectural principles, timelines and budgets in order to support the core business processes of the Organization in line with the business needs and quality requirements.
He/she works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions.
You will be allocated to an application team responsible to maintain, enhance, or upgrade applications related to short-term balancing activities for gas and power markets.
Your main activities are:
- Back-end .net application development, including microservices as per functional and non-functional requirements.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in line with the solution design where applicable.
- Integrate data storage solutions.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Debug and maintain existing applications.
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing.
- Writes automated test cases in addition to production code.
- Integrate the code in a (continuous) integration and deployment chain.
- Provide operational support to resolve production issues.
TECHNICAL BACKGROUND EXPECTED
As a prerequisite to becoming our .net developer, you:
- Hold a higher degree in Information Technology or related and have at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of C#/.NET Core, including ASP.NET and the .NET ecosystem
- Knowledge of core design patterns including object-oriented programming with the ability to understand and implement these
- A firm understanding of NFRs and familiarity with tactics to achieve these NFRs
- Experience with SQL database concepts
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, preferably Jenkins and the AWS tooling
- Skill for writing reusable libraries and web services
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool Git
- Proficient understanding of Agile methodologies
Additional skills increasing the potential fit:
- Experience with microservices and event-driven architectures, as well as the CQRS pattern
- Familiarity with various other design and architectural patterns
- Experience in working with time series is a plus
- Containerization of back-end .NET applications
- Experience with the development and operations of an application landscape in AWS (ECS, ECR, CloudWatch, API Gateway, Lambda)
- Experience with automated API testing
- Knowledge of OpenID Connect
- Knowledge of BPM systems (e.g. Camunda)
- SingleStore (formerly MemSQL) or at least the MySQL dialect
You can also prove the following soft skills:
- have very good communication skills towards the business and the IT counterparts
- are business proficient in English and at least in French or Dutch
- are passionate about technical matters and are actively pursuing to grow your in-depth skills
- are able to work autonomously while being a team player and in a stressful environment with changing priorities
- you are inspired by the values: all together, entrepreneurship and customer first.
- Analytical, Independent, communicative and result oriented
- To work full time from Home and in Office (Brussels)
- As from September 2021 till March 2022