Node.JS Middleware Developer - Epsom, Surrey
Daily Rate: £400 - £479
Start Date: ASAP
Contract length: 6 months initially with opportunity for long-term extensions once the candidate has demonstrated they are a good fit for the team/company.
Full/Part time: Full
Grade: Minimum of 3 years' experience
What you will do:
As a Middleware developer you will be working collaboratively within an agile delivery team to design and develop new cloud-first data integration solutions. Working closely with the Product Owner, stakeholders and the delivery team you will design and deliver solutions that are secure, reliable, responsive and scalable. As an individual you will need to be someone who puts the customer at the heart of everything you do with a positive and can-do attitude.
This is an exciting role within a dynamic team that fully embraces Agile and DevOps principles with the opportunity to contribute significantly as they embark on delivering a new cloud-first strategy.
You will have:
- Good Node.js programming experience
- Experience with the Azure cloud platform, especially around serverless technologies
- Experience of working within a Scrum / Agile delivery team that are fully responsible for the quality of the software they build and deploy
- A proven track record of delivering well engineered solutions using best practices such as TDD, CI/CD, peer review etc.
- Strong expertise in SOA and related middleware technologies, including experience designing APIs and developing RESTful endpoints
You may have:
- Exposure to Java, SQL or Python
- Experience with the AWS cloud platform
- Good understanding of the principles and trade-offs of a microservices and event driven architecture
- Experience working with an environment where operation support and monitoring of code and systems is part of the culture (DevOps)
- Experience of designing and implementing efficient data storage solutions
- Web front-end experience with React.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou - E: Athena.firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 01372 748444