Purpose & Objectives of the Role:
My client requires a Developer to deliver projects to time and budget and developing n-tier component based designs using OO development methodologies in a Service Oriented Architecture. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of delivering robust, high availability transactional web applications to time and budget following SOLID design principles. They will be enthusiastic and pro-active, with the drive and commitment to work effectively in a challenging environment.
The candidate will have 3 years' development experience, including experience in object oriented design & development skills gained in a .Net and Web Services environment, as well as having experience covering all aspects of the development life cycle. Experience of SQL Server database design and development would be an advantage.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Developing, enhancing and supporting my client systems. This will include:
- Analysing, understanding and documenting business requirements
- Writing and reviewing Technical specification documents
- Writing, reviewing and unit testing code, particularly that with complex functionality
- Assist the team in System test design
- Managing the interface to other testing teams including UAT, security and Performance testing
- Co-ordinating the release of software into the Production Environment
- Liaise with other architects and senior developers, in order to provide solutions that meet both business requirements and long term technical strategy.
- Development tools and practices, taking into account new technologies, tools and working practices/methodologies to be an acknowledged expert on relevant Systems
- Document and resolve production problems in an accurate and timely manner, in liaison with business units and IT colleagues.
- To exercise all reasonable care in ensuring the security and integrity of computer systems, data and application software.
- To provide out-of-hours cover as requested in support of the above.
- To undergo training as appropriate in support of the above.
- To nurture effective relationships with business users, testers and operational support areas to understand requirements, resolve problems/issues, suggest solutions and identify areas for service improvement.
- To provide support for regression, acceptance, implementation, recovery and contingency testing.
- To lead the secure integration of applications with client, supplier and software house systems, working where necessary with technical teams at client, vendor or software house sites.
- Ensure that where appropriate in the performance of role responsibilities and individual objectives the staff member at all times considers the interests of our customers and treats them fairly.
- Ensure that the goals/targets set by the team are met.
- Support Live systems to make sure that they meet the service needs of the company.
- Comply with company Policies and Regulatory needs where appropriate.
- Demonstrate targets set out by their Line Manager are met.
- Grow self to help improve the development capability within the team assigned.
- 3-years solid development experience on transactional web applications, preferably gained in a financial services environment.
- A proven track record of delivering and supporting mission critical eBusiness applications and their integration with core transactional platforms and databases.
- Experience of object oriented application development in a .Net Web Services SOA environment, using specifically :-
- C# [.Net Framework v1.1 to v4.5 inclusive]
- WCF, WF
- Visual Studio 2012/2015
- SQL Server 20002005/2012/2016
- Team Foundation Server 2015 and above
- T-SQL stored procedures
- MVC 3.0 and 4.0
- XML, W3C Schema, SOAP, and Web Services
- Best practices and Design Patterns
- Microsoft Enterprise Application Blocks
- Database design experience/data modelling, for SQL Server
- Experience of automated testing tools such as Nunit.
- Experience of source control and version control tools TFVC
- Knowledge of the design of secure and maintainable web sites and web service applications in a SOA environment.
- Full development lifecycle experience.
- Ability to liaise with and manage the expectations of business representatives at all levels.
- Broad understanding of related server and network technologies and architectures used to support transactional applications.
- Experience of integrating web- based applications with legacy systems and core transactional applications.
- Experience of working within a Scrum Team.
- Knowledge of Selenium.
For more information, please call Athena Antoniou on 01372 748 444 - firstname.lastname@example.org