Context of the mission
Our client' s IT organization should accelerate its transition towards a more strategic business contribution role and step away from a predominating focus on the delivery of technology services.
Theur IT needs to look forward on the next evolution, taking into account value, efficiency and effectiveness.
Responsibilities of the Lead Solution Architect
- Be the lead solution architect to drive the design and direction for the Short Term Energy Trading & Optimization roadmap.
- Challenges are in aligning and phasing the different new demands as part of the energy transition.
- Compare the different options that are available and assess how to fit them with the current aging applications and interfaces.
- Design and lead successful implementations of qualitative Optimization solutions, which is fully embedded in a broader x-technology (process) end-to-end solution.
- Understand the business value drivers and ensure that solution design is satisfying the business and technical success criteria, while optimizing cost savings and efficiencies
- Design and develop innovative solutions that meet challenging business requirements while considering all factors such as performance, scalability, data security, operational effectiveness, cost, time to market and future proof technical evolution of the applications
- Analyse requirements, determine, document and communicate the optimal design/development approach (considering all different options) to meet the requirements
- Provide strong technical leadership and advocate improved efficiency in solution design and implementation. Review and approve documentation and code development where appropriate.
- Lead delivery teams to define and evolve solution concepts and architectures
- Define and govern technical direction and strategy
- Write and present detailed design and technical specifications. Translate business requirements into an efficient logical data model.
- Contribute to and maintain a cohesive development framework and coding standards through communication and collaboration
- Support in prioritization of business demand
- Validate integration tests/strategy
- Ensure an up to date reference catalogue aligned with other technologies/domains within or across the DevOps BU and with Enterprise Architecture
- Provide estimates about the time and efforts related to the design and the development of the solution
Profile of the Lead Solution Architect
- A university degree in exact sciences (preferably IT) or has gained equivalent knowledge by relevant work experience
- Proven experience in Energy Trading & Optimization domain, preferably in Belgium
- Experience in setting up energy flexibility services for decentralized energy assets, virtual power plant (VPP) and/or optimization automation
- Understanding of the architectural principals of web based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
- Good understanding of the principles and technologies in the area of enterprise application integration (EAI), including SOA, ESB, ETL environments and of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management
- Proficiency in English , Dutch and/or French