Lead Operations Engineer - Linux/AWS/VMware/ITIL
Our client based in Bristol is looking for a Lead Operations Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will provide hands-on technical expertise and leadership to improve and develop their Operations' systems and practices. You will offer technical direction and support to a team of Operations engineers and other departments whose systems are maintained by the IT Operations department.
Knowledge & previous experience
- Technical leadership in an Enterprise class IT Operations department that provide technical support, monitoring, and incident response.
- Min 5+ years' experience in configuring and managing Linux based infrastructure in an Enterprise environment.
- Advanced cloud hosting expertise in AWS in an Enterprise environment including maintaining the following services - EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, CloudFormer, CloudWatch.
- Experienced in using automation to automate infrastructure tasks (Puppet, Chef etc)
- Experience with scripting including, but not limited to: PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, or Python
- Exposure to "DevOps" style working practices, developing and automating solutions related to Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery.
- Experience working with VMware server virtualization.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Experience managing network security monitoring, detection, and analysis tools, to include IDS, IPS, DLP, SEIM, etc.
In addition to a competitive salary, employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership.
If you have the required experience and you would like to find out more about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Katie Parker in confidence on 01372 748 444 / firstname.lastname@example.org
My client is unable to sponsor applicants so please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.