Salary: £32,000 - £48,000 pa depending on experience level
Start date: ASAP/Permanent
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Who are you?
My client is looking for wonderful web developers who want to do it right, do it together and make a difference. You'll be part of a team helping to develop websites, apps and internal systems so that their customers can get peace of mind with the right insurance cover for their homes, holidays, wheels and pets and their staff can make life easy when it's time to make a claim.
Who are we?
My client is an international insurance company (offices across Europe and Asia) with a history which goes back almost 200 years, they are in Europe's top 20 list of insurance companies and they regularly win awards for excellent insurance cover* and being easy and straightforward to deal with.
They have 3,000 staff across 5 UK locations and 5 million customers… that's a lot of eyes on your web pages!
- Effective analytical skills, taking a methodical approach to problem solving
- Good knowledge of web design, architecture and standards (including coding for accessibility)
- Broad understanding of front and back end development
- Some knowledge of agile methodology and practices is beneficial
- Proactive and self-organised with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong team working and collaboration skills (communication is critical)
- A positive approach to challenges, enthusiasm to tackle new technology and ability to take ownership
During a typical sprint, you will:
- Coach and help team mates on good practice agile development techniques, architectural decisions, analysis, coding, testing…
- Research better ways to do things
- Help with Backlog Refinement; fully understand a user story and the expected outcome, break it down into manageable chunks and create the relevant business driven development (BDD) scenarios
- Get involved with Sprint Planning; work collaboratively with the Product Owner/Analyst and Scrum Master to agree what's possible in the next sprint and define the Sprint Goal
- Take part in the Sprint Review; demo new functionality and explain how the user stories have been fulfilled
- Participate in Daily Stand Ups; provide honest updates about progress towards Sprint Goal, what happened yesterday, what's planned for today and whether anything is in the way
- Contribute to the Sprint Retro; suggest areas to help the team evolve and improve productivity and where IT can assist in meeting business objectives and requirements
- Provide support for releases including the production of release notes as well as assist in rectifying any live issues
You'll be joining my client at an exciting time as they expand to create a team of talented and creative people with a love of problem solving and who are passionate about developing high quality software.
To ensure they focus on the right things and deliver changes when they're needed, thy have adopted Scrum methodology, so you will be working closely with the business, analysts and testers and will be fully involved at all stages of the development lifecycle from the initial idea to the delivery.
This means you will be designing new functionality, suggesting enhancements, tackling technical debt and live issues, providing estimates, writing code, creating automated tests and implementing changes, all within project deadlines.
Benefits on offer:
- Holiday 23 days initially (rising to 25 days after 3 years)
- Company pension
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Additional "Flexible Benefits" allowing you to buy an additional 5 days holiday each year, take out a personal car lease, subscribe to health and dental plans, add life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up
- Wellbeing activities
- Sports and Social Club events
- "Dress for Your Day" policy which means you have the option of what to wear depending on what your day holds
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com
* My client has scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running - a great testament to their dedicated teams across their UK offices.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou -
E: email@example.com / T: 01372 748444