Java Back End Developer - initally remote working with some limited travel to Oxfordshire office thereafter
This is an opportunity for a talented, self-motivated developer to work in a great team environment. You will build new platforms and tools to enable the company to continue the transition to a microservice oriented architecture and integration of new third party services. Although Scala is not a required skill, as the company begins to develop it's Scala based microservice platform, this will allow the opportunity for you, as a Java developer, to learn some new skills and technologies. You will report to the back end development team leader and work closely with both front and back end teams.
I am afraid sponsorship is not possible for this role.
- API definition and implementation
- Implementation of new features
- Migration of existing features to microservice
- Demonstrable Java development experience (Java 7 or higher)
- Scala with Akka (desirable)
- Experience with continuous integration and versioning control tools
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development.
- JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber
- Spring 2.5/3 (including Spring MVC)
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner
* 25 days annual leave
* 4 volunteering days annually
* Day off for your birthday
* Pension contributions
* Seasonal social and charitable events
* Training and development
If the role sounds of interest and you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role.