IT Business Analyst
Working in a delivery-focused, fast-paced environment, your role will be to support the business by becoming an expert in how our business works and what it wants and to deliver continuous improvements to our processes and underlying technology.
Purpose of the role:
You will report to the Lead Business Analyst as part of the business analysis team, comprising a relatively flat structure of both permanent and contract business analysts. This team is responsible for analysing business problems, investigating options and capturing, confirming and managing detailed requirements throughout the project process.
This particular role will operate within our improvement team which manages change through our core systems. You will be involved in this process, end to end, to ensure that all requirements are assessed, understood and delivered in a manner which efficiently and effectively meets the needs of the business. You will be working with our business and system owners to improve continuously the way in which we work and make the most of these systems.
This role will be required to:
- Build relationships within the business, to thoroughly understand the day-to-day business process to ensure an up-to-date appreciation of our needs and any issues, with the aim of continuously reviewing and improving the way in which we work
- Own and facilitate business interviews or workshops, required to define process areas or requirements
- Work with the wider business, IT and associated external supplier teams to ensure that any solutions implemented meet business requirements
- Own and manage the scope and traceability of requirements on behalf of the business, throughout the project process
- Identify issues and risk, escalating appropriately via the project manager to ensure that changes are successful
- Identify the test scenarios required and work with the test team during testing to ensure the solution addresses the requirements fully; this will include supporting the business through user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Support the training strategy development and training material creation deemed suitable for each change
- Collaborate with the wider IT project team to drive improvements into our continuous improvement to ways of working
- Have commitment and passion for ensuring that high quality and accuracy are maintained in everything we do
- Extensive experience of investigating, analysing and documenting business processes and defining supporting functional or non-functional requirements and functional designs
- Full end-to-end project life cycle business analysis experience in a fast-paced environment, from idea through to implementation and handover to day-to-day support
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including meeting and workshop facilitation
- Ability to adapt to change and quickly respond to new business concepts in a changing environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects or tasks, by effectively planning your time and deliverables
- Working knowledge of Prince2 project management methodology
- Proven experience supporting UAT
Core skills and behaviours:
- Ensuring that all communication is clear, simple, unambiguous and well structured, plus confidence in dealing with all levels across our business
- Understanding customers' needs, while setting achievable business expectations
- Considering the bigger picture and how individual project deliverables fit within it
- Wanting to drive continuous improvements and be comfortable with managing change
Please send a CV for consideration.
IT Business Analyst