Context of the mission
Operating Environment (For example purpose of the entity in which the jobholder acts, strategy, plan, specific policy, economic model and/or performance model on which the job has an influence, guidelines which a direct impact on the job) :
Our cvlient's IT organization should accelerate their transition towards a more strategic business contribution role and step away from a predominating focus on the delivery of technology services.
Their IT department needs to look forward on the next evolution, taking into account value, efficiency and effectiveness.
The priorities for IT :
Create a strong shared vision on future I.T
Increase Business & IT alignment
Increase the financial efficiency / Affordable IT
Keep the excellence in the "RUN" / delivery of technology services
Talent : Attract Retain, Foster & Nurture
Responsibilities of the Enterprise Architect
- Design and lead successful implementations of qualitative Optimization solutions, which is fully embedded in a broader x-technology (process) end-to-end solution.
- Understand the business value drivers and ensure that solution design is satisfying the business and technical success criteria, while optimizing cost savings and efficiencies
- Design and develop innovative solutions that meet challenging business requirements while considering all factors such as performance, scalability, data security, operational effectiveness, cost, time to market and future proof technical evolution of the applications
- Analyse requirements, determine, document and communicate the optimal design/development approach (considering all different options) to meet the requirements
- Provide strong technical leadership and advocate improved efficiency in solution design and implementation. Review and approve documentation and code development where appropriate.
- Lead delivery teams to define and evolve solution concepts and architectures
- Define and govern technical direction and strategy
- Contribute to and maintain a cohesive development framework and coding standards through communication and collaboration
- Validate integration tests/strategy
- Ensure an up to date reference catalogue aligned with other technologies/domains within or across the DevOps BU and with Enterprise Architecture
Profile of the Enterprise Architect
- Strong experience in enterprise architecture to integrate an heterogeneous landscape made of a dozen of home-made, off-the-shelf, already existing, to be rebuilt, to be bought applications in .NET, java
- Experience in Energy Trading & Optimization domain, preferably in Belgium
- Experience in setting up energy flexibility services for decentralized energy assets, virtual power plant (VPP) and/or optimization automation is a plus
- Understanding of the architectural principals of web based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
- Good understanding of the principles and technologies in the area of enterprise application integration (EAI), including SOA, ESB, ETL environments and of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management
- Proficiency in English , Dutch and/or French