Director of Technology Innovation - AI and data science
The Director of Technology Innovation will lead a team of technologists to incubate new and novel software/data initiatives in the areas of AI and data science that drive growth and explore new markets for the company.
This role will develop and maintain a roadmap of technical innovation and drive the R&D processes for the company. In this role, the director will have a wide range of responsibilities from hands-on prototyping and development to evangelising the benefits of technological change.
- Provide effective hands-on leadership to a global team working across the organisation to explore technical solutions for new products and services
- Collaborate with the product strategy team to help define technical direction and solutions for transformative product and technical opportunities
- Manage, motivate, retain, and recruit a world-class team of technologists to deliver cutting edge initiatives
- Cultivate relationships and effectively communicate with stakeholders across the enterprise
- Gain organisational commitment and understanding for new and novel initiatives and investments
- Seek to continuously improve the R&D processes and tools
Knowledge and Qualifications Required:
- Demonstrated history of success in defining and delivering innovative technical/software solutions
- Demonstrated understanding and application of cutting-edge areas of technical investment in AI and/or data science
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry sectors who have a reliance on the written word and the related technology practices / trends is strongly preferred
- Proven ability to evangelise the outcomes and benefits of technical investment in R&D
- Significant experience of current hands-on experience in software development, architecture, and R&D
If the role sounds of interest and you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.