DevOps Engineer - Bristol
Technology in the company is made up of two departments with approximately 50 members of staff and work closely with an offshore development team:
- Digital Transformation - leading on digital delivery and global digital services, and
- Engineering - providing technology leadership for the enterprise architecture, software product development, quality assurance, DevOps and application support.
You will work with:
Service delivery team their mission is dedicated to the infrastructure that runs the business; Networks, firewalls, cyber security threat detection and mitigation, backups, disaster recovery and maintaining a well-architected AWS estate.
Platform product team Our bespoke platform is developed and maintained by our DevOps product teams. You will work alongside the UX and web front end team developing new client facing features; the content team who manage our semantically enriched XML datastore and the production platform team who create the ingestion and dissemination workflows.
We are committed to Agile, DevOps and Continuous Delivery practices across all our engineering teams. We can't pretend we don't have our fair share of legacy tech, but we are modernising our stack and have a continuous improvement culture. You will be working on modern technologies such as:
- Containerisation using Docker
- Automation using Puppet
- Cyber threat detection using Vectra
- Cloud through AWS
- Java, Spring Boot, Maven, MarkLogic, RedHat, CentOS, GIT, Bamboo, Jenkins, ELK, Cloud Formation and Troposphere
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a software engineering graduate who is passionate about what digital technology can deliver and who shares our values:
- Customer led
- Learn fast
- You will have experience in some of the following: Cloud computing, automation, containerisation, continuous deployment and DevOps.
Individual employee benefits include:
- Pension employee contribution starting at 1%; company contribution up to 12% (8% employee).
- Private medical insurance for individual (after completion of 6 month probationary period)
- Generous annual leave 25 days per year plus bank holidays
- Non-contractual annual performance related bonus
- Group life assurance (4 x your salary)
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Corporate membership benefits with Bristol Zoo, the Wild Place Project, At-Bristol, Tobacco Factory Theatres and ss Great Britain
- Other flexible benefits e.g. dental insurance, Gymflex, critical illness insurance and travel insurance, technology purchase option
- 'Give as you earn' charity donation scheme
If the role is of interest and you feel you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.