Delphi / C# / BDE / Delphi 7 / Windows / Software Developer / Borland VCL / RTL / COM objects
Delphi / C# Developer
Salary: £40,000 pa
Start date: ASAP
This role is for an experienced, dynamic and driven Delphi developer with some C# experience to bring his/her knowledge and experience to help us maintain and develop internally developed retail solutions. There will be opportunities to work on different technologies and to expand skills and knowledge. Experience in the convenience, point of sale or retail back office or head office environments is a benefit.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing software company with strong ambitions and to bring your own skills and ideas to the team. We are looking for eager, self-motivated individuals who thrive on learning and problem solving, who are up for a challenge and want to make a difference.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales.
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered.
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems.
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries.
- Take responsibility for own learning and ensure rapid uptake of familiarity with the system
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and develop changes
- Maintain accurate documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years' experience of software development using Delphi
- A keen interest in how software is designed and implemented to fit in with modern practices and the ability to write clear well-maintainable code.
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems, including XP, 7 and 10.
- Knowledge of BDE, Paradox and interfacing Delphi with COM objects
- Knowledge of the Borland VCL and RTL (Application rights and installation of Delphi 7 on Windows 10)
- Some experience working with C# using SOLID principles or a good understanding of how to apply them
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Ideally have experience working in the EPOS and / or EFT software development industry.
- SQL and DBMS preferred
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou or Lee Barham on:
E: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 01372 748444