Data Centre Operations Manager
In a model where infrastructure is exclusively sourced "as a service", and in which a single supplier offers most services, the Data Centre Operations Manager holds operational accountability for:
- All Infrastructure Services related to hosting of all applications, tools and appliances used IT as defined in the contract binding the IaaS supplier with the company.
- Controlling the infrastructure architecture robustness and performance proposed by the vendor for private and public cloud.
- Controlling the security compliancy of the infrastructure implemented by the supplier
- Controlling execution of large infrastructure projects
- Assessing the robustness and future proofness of new technologies proposed in the
- "Iaas" sourcing mode (in case of hardware refresh)
- For availability Management
- For Capacity Management
- For Data Centre disaster recovery
By interacting with the Iaas supplier, as contractually agreed in the respect of the governance principles, he is a key contributor to IT and business processes continuity.
Supports all the other IT processes which relies on Infrastructure services.
As member of the SMI management team, he is responsible for contributing to the SMI and IT strategy and governance with the only objective to maximize the IT contribution to deliver business benefits.
ITIL v3 and more specifically Service Management Process
Deep understanding of infrastructure components (Servers and telecommunication networks)
Deep understanding of public cloud model
Languages: Proficient (B2+) in English and native either in Dutch or French