Data Architect (Data Modelling/Azure/SDLC)
This role with my client in Surrey is to support the Enterprise Architect in delivering a Data Strategy within the IT architecture that is in alignment with the business mission, strategy and processes, assisting with the delivery of Roadmap initiatives that provide the IT capabilities to support the business's needs, ensuring the security, technical integrity and high quality of the systems and solutions created.
The Data Architect is a creative problem solver with excellent verbal and visual communication skills. They will have an understanding of system development life cycle and how an effective data architecture and strategy is the foundation for robust solution design. Breadth in established and emerging data technologies, including Cloud services, Big Data, ETL & Reporting tools.
The candidate will have at least 2 years' experience within a Data Architect or similar role, preferably gained in the Financial sector, delivering global solutions and platforms, ideally on a Microsoft stack.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulate an Enterprise Data Strategy which supports the needs of the Organisation whilst conforming to regulatory guidelines and standards
- Conceive the Organisation's big data picture - create and maintain a fluid end-to-end vision of how data will flow through the Organisation
- Map systems and interfaces used to manage data within the organisation
- Create database designs and data models that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture, incorporating Transactional, Analytical and Master data
- Establish and guide adoption of current and emerging tools and technologies for both Data Management and Operational & Business Intelligence Reporting
- Be accountable to the Enterprise Architect for ensuring solutions are in alignment with the strategic Roadmap or target architecture
- In agreement with the Enterprise Architect, identify tactical approaches for solutions that do not dovetail into the future state vision
- Work with architects within other enterprise domains to ensure Infrastructure, Information Model and Security meets both the project and enterprise requirements
- Presentation of Design Documentation to the organisation's appropriate governance authorities and boards
- Maintain the corporate repository of all Data Architecture artefacts and procedures
- 2+ years' experience within a Data Architect or similar role, preferably gained in the Financial sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Software development lifecycle & methodologies
- Requirements analysis
- Data Strategy conception and portrayal
- Database design & management
- Data modelling
- BIMI reporting tools & technologies
- MS SQL
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- MS Azure Services
- Structured & unstructured data
- ETL tools & technologies
- TOGAF Certified
- Financial Services
- Experience working with 3rd party suppliers and vendors
If you have the required experience and you would like to find out more about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Katie Parker in confidence on 01372 748 444 / email@example.com
My client is unable to sponsor applicants so please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.