Data Analyst - Life Insurance
- The main responsibility of the role is the mapping of client data which comes in from clients in various formats into a common format. To do this you will need strong IT skills with a good understanding of MS Excel and Access and experience with relational data bases and SQL programming necessary.
Other Duties include:
- Ensure that the company's administration standards and time service requirements are applied to the handling of all business received
- Ensure that the administration of all UK business adheres to treaties. This includes creating premium reconciliation spreadsheets to verify client paid premiums.
- Maintain a professional and working relationship with clients.
- Involvement in Administration audits as required.
Under limited supervision, convert the backlog of UK companies onto Ira in a timely manner and within agreed timeframes. This includes the following:
- Work according to a scheduled plan
- Gather treaty information from Pricing team and analyse
- Create and test mapping specifications.
- Work closely with the Finance and Valuation teams to agree on structure of Ira treaty.
- Set up treaties on Ira, both assumed and retrocession and peer review others treaty set up work.
- Set up statement group and administration groups.
- Load premium rate tables to Ira and peer review others rate table work
- Test ECF and EDT loads.
- Troubleshoot EDT errors.
- Troubleshoot and validate premium calculations.
- Create procedures and train others.
- Verify data clean-ups carried out by STL Ira Team.
- Perform user acceptance testing for all new Ira builds and patches. This includes setting up test cases.
- Troubleshoot possible Ira defects.
- Write requirement documents for Administration enhancements on Ira.
- Coach and provide guidance to other less experienced members of the team.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of UK and Irish reinsurance practices and specific company treaty practices as they pertain to the management and handling of transfer of risk.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the chain of companies, external retro companies and the International Retro Pool.
Under limited supervision:
- Provide MI that clearly shows work is being delivered within agreed timeframes.
- Develop and provide regular Management Information to other UK teams.
- Provide information for ad hoc queries from other UK teams.
- Provide data in required format for UK Underwriting audits.
- Participate in the analysis of monthly statistics produced by administration analysts. This includes explanations of fluctuations in policy-related accounts (premiums, allowances etc.)
- Gain excellent knowledge of Life Reinsurance and its implications within administration.
- Gain excellent understanding of client treaties and create premium reconciliation models for clients not currently loaded to Ira.
- Gain excellent, technical knowledge all Ira modules
- Take ownership of clients, and be responsible for converting client data and treaties on to Ira.
- Fully document procedures and processes.
- University degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant role.
- Good knowledge of life insurance products or life reinsurance products. Prefer candidates with experience in life insurance or reinsurance markets.
- Strong IT skills with a good understanding of MS Excel and Access, experience with relational data bases and SQL programming necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage own time and projects.
- Desire to maintain a professional and working relationship with clients and stakeholders.
- Motivated to manage multiple, complex assignments concurrently.
- Ability to develop original and creative ideas to problems and develop new approaches.
- 25 days holiday (option to buy up to 5 days once per year or sell up to 5 days)
- Pension (minimum 2% employee contribution, company match up to 5% plus base 5% company contribution)
- 8x base salary life assurance
- Income protection
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Gym membership contribution
- Cycle to work
if the role sounds of interest and you feel you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.