Cyber Security Engineer | £75,000 - £85,000 pa + 10% bonus and benefits | Remote working (May need to go into the London office on occasion if required to install and support security devices)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer to join a superb global client in London on a remote basis. The Cyber Security Engineer will be part of the Security Operations team. You will be responsible for managing, maintaining, designing, configuring and documenting security tools, systems and processes.
- Participate in the design/architecture, development, and implementation of any new application or service
- Conduct log analysis across a diverse ecosystem of technology (operating systems, internally developed web apps, software-as-a-service apps, cloud infrastructure)
- Perform forensics activities and root cause analyses
- Assess and triage potential security incidents. Coordinating and leading response to high impact security incidents
- Lead efforts to detect and analyze malicious software and work with vendors and teams
- Automate triage, analysis, response, and remediation tasks and processes with code, APIs, and SOAR tools. Contribute to the creation and tuning of detection rules.
- Experience monitoring and responding to security incidents involving traditional (Windows, Mac, Linux or similar) and cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, and/or Azure or similar)
- Solid understanding and interest in recognized information security related standards, analysis frameworks (MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain, NIST Incident Response or similar) and technologies.
- Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement of procedures
- Experience with information security SIEMs, vulnerability scanners and application scanners
- Familiarity with enterprise security controls and security best practices for Windows, Linux, and Mac systems or similar
If this role sounds of interest and you think your skills match the requirements, please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss in more detail.