SW Systems Project Manager
Dutch & English Speaking
Our client is the market leader in Belgium and produces solutions for switching material, access control, lighting control and home automation from its headquarters in Sint-Niklaas. The company invests heavily in research and development as part of its ongoing commitment to focus on well-considered design and to produce the highest quality products in an environmentally-friendly manner. Their design philosophy is to consistently create the most innovative, aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly products on the market today.
- You are end-responsible for the overall project execution of all SW systems activities related to the development/extension of the company's system platform.
- You formulate the overall project plan, in consolidation with management and other parties concerned.
- You build and steer the SW Systems project organization in charge of the project execution, you take care of the right interfaces with other disciplines.
- You ensure that project timing, specification (quality) and cost are met within the boundaries of the agreed assignment. You make sure that engagements are delivered and ensure successful execution.
- You estimate the budgets and the necessary resources; make sure with the involved resource managers that the projects are properly staffed.
- You guard the synergy between the activities; tune the activities with the goals of the overall project and business objectives.
- You define and deploy improvement plans and quality assurance and make the SW Systems project organization efficient and transparent.
- You perform active Risk Management at project level, ensure that required actions are completed. Project risks need to be mitigated by proactively recognizing, communicating challenges and managing changes.
- You manage changes, escalate significant scope or specification change requests to the management.
- You manage communication, including regularly updates to the management, project team and other key stakeholders.
- You take action in case of issues or conflicts; escalate to appropriate management when needed.
- You ensure software and system maturity as well as go to market deliverables.
- You advise on subcontracting policy, in consolidation with the Supply Chain Department, for the SW System activities.
- You are a project manager with at least 10 years work experience in management of SW system projects.
- You have a Master degree in Electronics or Computer Science.
- You have the ability to create clear project managerial structures to master the complexity typically related to SW intensive projects, to handle simultaneous requests and drive reuse by organizing for platforms.
- Experience in home and building automation is a clear asset.
- You like to work with external partners and like to drive people from different cultures to excellent results.
- Continuously improving the efficiency of the execution, embedding best practices into the organizational processes is an automatism for you.
- In your prior work, you have built up a track record on influencing business decisions and directions, based on your technological insights, your external view and your strong personality.
- You enjoy to manage people (and skills) in a SW environment.
- You understand client requirements & design.
- You are a performance driven person. You are an excellent communicator with good presentation skills.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.